About the Customer
Our customer is a large global manufacturer in the automotive sector specialized in heavy vehicles and related powertrains.
With the intention of improving its ICT internal programs and initiatives, our customer identified resource allocation as the key element to work on to increase the efficiency of their IT projects.
Identification of the best-fitting resources and their budgeting must be easy to manage and take place within a short time frame and with considerable granularity.
Moreover, the monthly closures checks and approvals must be quickly finalized and final balances must timely feed the corporate financial reporting systems.
After evaluating different market solutions, the customer decided that a custom solution would be the best option to address their specific requirements.
After the initial process assessment outcomes that identified key steps, potential sources of inefficiency and the end-users desired experience, we decided that Microsoft Azure with its extended PaaS modules was the right choice to develop the solution.
The solution provides various tools to simplify the collection of information and the production of reports, minimizing the impact of deploying the application to a wide audience of users.
The application front-end is based on the latest web technologies and the reports are produced directly in Microsoft Excel thanks to a Web Addin.
The solution architecture has inherent points of strength:
- availability, guaranteed by the extremely high SLAs of the Azure platform;
- security, thanks to the geographical redundancy of the data and their encryption both in transit and at rest;
- performance, thanks to the scalability of all components of the architecture.
How the solution helps
Other than the architectural robustness, the solution produces several business benefits:
- greater effectiveness in the resource allocation process;
- dramatic modernization of the user experience;
- more timely and effective sharing of information;
- centralized data retention;
- radical simplification of information sharing with other company systems.