A leading global automotive manufacturer engaged Techedge to establish a comprehensive support partner for all SAP technology and activities.
Initially focusing on Italian and European markets, the project unfolded over several years covering the set up and full responsibility of a Technology Competence Center shared across all SAP systems, companies, countries, projects, and system integrators, later expanding to NAFTA and LATAM markets.
- Design the SAP landscape architecture and develop its governance strategy based on either central or distributed systems
- Define guidelines for Change Management in a complex environment where multiple projects are running at the same time
- Establish governance of the integration: guidelines set up and reinforcement, quality assurance, advice on technical design of the interfaces
- Management and realization of day-to-day Basis activities
- Development of quality assurance across different IS streams
The Technology Competence Center (TCC) represents the cornerstone for all customer group activities. From solution landscape design and project realization, to everyday system maintenance and technology governance, the activities span a complex landscape of systems and applications including several production systems.
In particular, the TCC offers complete support for all project phases - beginning with strategy development through solution delivery and optimization, as well as activities of project and software change management.
It is also deeply involved in designing mid-term roadmaps for technology and deploying related ALM processes. The TCC proactively supports the overall governance of system integration within the company group landscape, providing guidelines and best practices for data exchange and interface development.
Within Basis management, the solution provides change control rules for object modifications and conflict avoidance/resolution, including the definition of a structured control process to support wide scope release based changes.