Our client is a consumer products manufacturer with a global retail and distribution network, with more than 80,000 employees worldwide and revenues in excess of 10B$.
Due to a lack of financial reporting integration, our client aimed to reduce costs while increasing productivity by utilizing a common infrastructure for producing and delivering enterprise reports, scorecards, dashboards, ad hoc analysis, and multidimensional analysis.
- Enable monthly profitability reporting and analysis across the main business dimensions, including: by division, market, brand, customer, product, and legal entity
- Develop of a common business and modeling definition
- Allow for data comparison and views for multiple scenarios (actual, budget, …)
- Define process for a collaborative and structured budgeting and forecasting process
- Establish the foundation for future Daily Sales Analysis across main business dimensions
The initial design phase led to the implementation of a single through-point for the information across functions. This important step allowed for the integration between Business Intelligence and Enterprise Performance Management systems to be successfully carried out. A Special budgeting/forecasting application (Hyperion Planning) and a statutory/management consolidation application (Hyperion Financial Management) was an integral part of the solution.
A key point of the project's success was the implementation of a corporate data warehouse to extract and transform business data from multiple heterogeneous legacy systems.
- Reduced reporting time
- Improved data quality due to integration of data in a corporate data warehouse