FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES CLOSES FINANCIAL STATEMENTS UP TO 70% FASTER AND GENERATES COMPREHENSIVE REPORTS 60% FASTER, FOR MORE INFORMED DECISION MAKING WITH HELP FROM TECHEDGE AND ORACLE IN-MEMORY DATABASE
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) is an international auto group that designs, produces and sells vehicles for the mass market under the Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Abarth, and Fiat Professional brands, as well as luxury and performance cars under the Ferrari and Maserati brands. Expanding its global reach Fiat formed an alliance with Chrysler Group whose product portfolio includes Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, as well as street and racing technology brand vehicles, and Mopar after-sales services and products. The company also operates in the components and production-systems sector through Magneti Marelli, Teksid, and Comau. FCA has built and sold nearly 100 million cars and light commercial vehicles, its models have won the European Car of the Year award 12 times.
To help FCA develop a reporting solution that could transform the way they interact with information, Techedge implemented Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Database to improve accessibility and decision making, while simplifying operations and IT maintenance.
- Improve the availability of financial information on car sales, methods, and markets, driving more agile business decisions through better reporting
- Enable multiple users to access and share financial and auto sales information at the same time, speeding up the monthly financial closing and reporting process
- Reduce IT complexity and streamline vendor management
- Cut costs for IT maintenance and upgrades and shorten time requirements
A flexible, client-centered approach coupled with diligent analysis and testing; led to a simple migration with quick realization and dramatic results. In only two months, an entirely new reporting environment was created and successfully implemented on Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine with significant performance benefits.
- Faster, more informed decisions with the ability to create reports on car brands, sales, markets, and channels 60% faster
- Enable Controllers with timely sales data for new and used cars and accessories, and the ability to share the information with headquarters and local dealers
- Consolidate financial statements 70% faster on brands and single products, providing better insight and improving business agility for the financial department
- Improve marketing and sales managers' ability to make effective decisions and develop strategies, thanks to more timely sales and profitability reports
- An Optimized IT platform management and a reduced number of suppliers by integrating hardware and sofrware through Oracle's system
- Decrease IT costs by 30% by reducing the need for maintenance and down time and the number of servers